January 29, 2018

5*Review: AND AFTER by Sarah Lyons Fleming

Title: AND AFTER

Author: Sarah Lyons Fleming 

Source: eBook from author for honest review


Goodreads…

Cassie Forrest could almost believe life at Kingdom Come Farm is perfect, with Adrian and her friends at her side and spring on the way. The spring thaw also means millions of defrosting zombies, however, and if the past year has taught her anything, it’s that life in this new world is highly imperfect.

When Safe Zones throughout the country begin to disappear and the zombies at the fences grow in number, Cassie clings to the hope that if she has the people she loves most, it will be all right. But the highly imperfect world makes only one guarantee—zombies never die, never stop and are never satiated.

My take…

“These were some of the best hours of my life,” Dan says. “This right here. Thanks.”
It was up there, in terms of finding something beautiful, something you’d never thought you’d have again. A few hours where the old world was so close you could almost believe it still existed.

***
My heart. It hurts. It is severed. All hope has been extinguished.

It has been sometime since a book has ripped out my heart so many different times throughout the story. But this one managed to do just that. Just when I thought that things were starting to look up and I thought it was on the mend, once again it broke.

I hate when there is deaths of characters that I care for. Even more so when there is multiple deaths. But this is the end of the world. No one is immune from a zombie bite. No one is safe just because you love that person. Sad fact of life in this new world.

When I think back on all that I read in this book I am stunned by all that happened. Seriously, so much happens. The love, the loss, the emotional turmoil that seeped from pages. I was an emotional wreck the entire read going from one heartbreak to the next with tiny blips of happiness in between. But I can tell you this...this book had me heart and soul. Every bit of it. Wrapped around it’s literary finger. 5 Stars!



No comments:

Post a Comment