January 24, 2018

5*Review: UNTIL THE END OF THE WORLD by Sarah Lyons Fleming

Title: Until The End Of The World

Author: Sarah Lyons Fleming

Source: FREE on Amazon




Goodreads…

Cassie Forrest isn't surprised to learn that the day she’s decided to get her life together is also the day the world ends. After all, she’s been on a self-imposed losing streak since her survivalist parents died: she’s stopped painting, broken off her engagement to Adrian and dated a real jerk. Rectifying her mistakes has to wait, however, because Cassie and her friends have just enough time to escape Brooklyn for her parents’ cabin before Bornavirus LX turns them into zombies, too.

This is difficult enough, but Cassie’s tag along ex-boyfriend and her friend’s bratty sister have a knack for making everything, even the apocalypse, more unpleasant. When the two attract a threat as deadly as the undead to their safe haven, Cassie’s forced to see how far she’ll go to protect those she loves. And it’s a lot farther than she’d anticipated. This, coupled with Adrian’s distant voice on Safe Zone Radio and, of course, the living dead, threaten to put Cassie right back into the funk she just dragged herself out of.

Survival’s great and all, especially when you have leather armor, good friends and home-brewed beer, but there’s something Cassie must do besides survive: tell Adrian she still loves him. And to do that, Cassie has to find faith that she’s stronger than she thinks, she’s still a crack shot and true love never dies.


My take…

My city, the city I love, the city I sometimes hate, which has both energized and exhausted me since I was born, is going up in smoke. I stop and stare one last time, because it was my home, a place to go back to if I wanted or needed it. But I’m pretty sure it’s gone now, the good and the bad wiped out in one fell swoop. I cry for every last bit of it.
***

I had been looking for a good zombie read with some romance. I love for my books to have romance 99.9% of the time. I was not disappointed with this book. Even though the MC of the story didn’t get a whole lot of airtime in the love category, the theme was still there that she might eventually get to see the one guy who she pushed away a few years before. But being hundreds of miles apart with thousands upon thousands of zombies in between, the idea of reuniting seems more of a nightmare than a dream; more a fantasy than reality.

So not only do we get a great story from the MC, we get a few other ones from the secondary characters. And I have to say, Cassie is very lucky she got to the do the whole zom apoc with her bestest of friends. The are her family in every way.

What I loved about this story was the fact that we see the end of the world happen. At least in the eyes of Cassie and her friends. We see the gritty gore, the death, the grief
of losing loved ones and even the hurt of not knowing if some of your family is alive or dead….or undead. We lived out the end of the world right along with them and felt what they felt. Whether it be the sometimes good or most of the time bad, we felt and experienced it all with them.

This book had me reading into the wee hours of the morning until I was done. I couldn’t put it down and didn’t want to put it down. It had me hooked from the start and hit the right spot when I needed a zombie fix. I look forward to continuing the series to see what happens with Cassie, her family, and all those zombies! 5 Stars!

1 comment:

  1. I don't read many zombie books, but wow this sounds fantastic. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete