March 1, 2018

5* Review: INK by Elizabeth Hunter #ComingSoon

Title: INK 

Author: Elizabeth Hunter

Source: eARC from author for honest review

Releases: March 13, 2018


Goodreads…

It’s everything but business as usual.

Emmie Elliot hadn’t expected to come back to Metlin, California. She definitely didn’t expect to stay. She returned to her childhood home with a mission: Sell the building that housed her grandmother’s book store and move on with her life.

But life doesn’t always go according to plan.

To reopen her grandmother’s book shop, Emmie will need a hook. She’ll need a strategy. She’ll need an… Ox?

Miles Oxford doesn’t have much interest in quiet bookstore owners. He’s a tattoo artist without a space to work, and the last thing he wants is to get involved with anyone after his last disaster of a relationship. Work and pleasure don’t mix for Ox, but since he doesn’t have any interest in the cute girl with the bold business proposal, he should be safe from any awkward complications, right?

She sells ink. He tattoos it. Unusual? Yes. But a book shop/tattoo studio might be the ticket for both Emmie and Ox to find success on their own terms. As long as they keep their attention focused on business.

Just on business.


My take…

“She’s. Watching. Us.”
“Don’t care. Let her watch.” Ox drew her up and kissed her temple. “I’ll take care of this.”
Emmie might have imagined the collective sigh that emanated from the romance section of the bookstore, but she didn’t think so. She also didn’t think she imagined the daggers that shot from Ginger’s eyes or the swirling feeling in her own head.
Did that just happen?
***

What reader doesn’t love a story that is based on a book lover opening a bookstore? It has to be a readers dream, right? I know it is mine, and seeing Emmie do it exactly like I would, apart from the tattoo parlor, is like a fantasy of mine. I am not knocking the tattoo part, just never crossed my mind. But it is actually pure genius. "The smell of ink." I would have a hard time NOT getting a tattoo. You know, being a weenie to pain and all.

Hunter’s writing gets me in the gut every single time I pick up one of her books. It's a good gut wrenching feel. It comes off sophisticated, yet laid back. Enticing, lyrical, and alluring, but in a way that is not above you. Does that make any sense? My rambling is probably utter nonsense, but it is hard for me to describe how her words affect me. I just know that no matter the genre, when I read her books I am drawn in and held comfortably captive by her unique imagination.

Hunter is a pro when it comes to paranormal writing with her vampires and shifters, but one of my most favorites of hers is a contemporary: THE GENIUS AND THE MUSE. It is an amazing read. And I have always hoped that she would do more in the future. I am so glad she did with INK. I cannot tell you the last time I finished a book in one day. I usually don’t have the time. But once I started I absolutely could not put it down.

INK is a little bit angsty...a lot a bit sweet...and the chemistry between Emmie and Ox was sensational. Ox is definitely my new book boyfriend. 5 Sigh and Swoon Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment