September 28, 2019

5*Review: BLOODY SUNRISE: A Zombie Apocalypse Romance by Gwendolyn Harper

Title: Bloody Sunrise: A Zombie Apocalypse Romance

Author: Gwendolyn Harper

Source: KU


Goodreads...


Caitlin Meadows thought the worst part of her business trip would be the airport hassles and her overly chatty seatmate.

However, when her plane is shot down, and she finds herself in the middle of a zombie virus outbreak, she realizes she was never prepared for terrors like these.
Lost, alone, and afraid, Caitlin can only focus on one thing-- survival.
That is until she crosses paths with Jack Booker, an ex-Marine with a shadowy past and a penchant for pushing Caitlin's buttons.
Under the looming threats of the undead walking the earth, corrupt government agencies, and the horrors encoded in humanity, can unlikely friends become something more?
While the world falls apart, will they fall together?
Or will their luck run out eventually? 


My take...


I really, truly enjoyed BLOODY SUNRISE and this author’s take on the zombie apocalypse. But I have this fear that since the author is a ghost (meaning I have found found zero social media for her) that she may not be working on the second book. Wouldn’t be the first time I have read a book only to find out that the author didn’t finish. And BLOODY SUNRISE does end in a cliffhanger, but it also says book 2 will be out in 2019. So I will give this one a couple more months before I start panicking and kicking myself for starting an unfinished series. Fingers crossed.

But back to the book. We follow Caitlin after her plane is shot down during the start of the zombie apoc and Jack who stumbles upon her. The unlikely pair team up as they try to survive in this new, dead world. I really loved the chemistry between the two. While it started off a bit rocky for them, it came to a blistering, roaring inferno. Within a couple weeks they knew each other well enough they could work together silently. There was a twist I didn’t care much for involving someone showing up. That made it a little too convenient for my tastes. But all in all it was a fantastic read.

Great story, amazing romance, and some zombies thrown in made this one extraordinary story. Please let this author publish the next book. I am dying to know what happens next. 5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment