September 29, 2019

5*Review: WILLOW by EM Raegan

Title: WILLOW

Author: EM Raegan

Source: KU



Goodreads...

My name is Willow. 

His name is Jason. 

He hated me. I hated him— while silently hiding how much all that hate hurt deep down inside me. But all that was before. Before everything changed. Before I woke up to gunshots and screaming and death. 

Now he still hates me, along with his Uncle Paulie and their club brothers. But I don’t hate him. I can’t, not after he came for me. Not after he saved me. 

Not now that the ravaged are here. 

They come at you like you’re nothing. With their feral snarls, and bloodshot eyes. Their decaying mouths salivating for a bite of you. They are hungry for life and we are their meal. 

I didn’t want to believe it. I didn’t want to accept it. But I can’t ignore them now that they’re everywhere. Now that the threat of them haunts us every waking moment. 

But with Jason standing between them and me— I can’t hate him anymore. I don’t want to. 

*This story ends in a cliffhanger* 


My take...

I am constantly on the lookout for a fantastic zombie read. My one stipulation is it must have romance. I happened to stumble upon this series one night while searching Amazon’s KU books. 

I read a few reviews that the book started off with the MC, Willow, being very juvenile. Not once did I think that. Sure she was green to this new world that quickly fell into her lap, but who wouldn’t be. Especially with these crazed as eff zombies that can come charging at you. These are not your slow poke zombies we all have been used to. Oh no. These are WORLD WAR Z zombies. The kind that would have me peeing myself for sure. But Willow handles it all the best way that she can. 

The story was a quick read and there is some romance that shows itself at the end after a long, torturous slow burn. But I was ok with that. It was worth it in the end. 

I read this one so quickly and then immediately moved on to the next before I even could take a minute to jot down my thoughts. Know this...it was fantastic and had me on the edge of my seat all throughout. 5 Stars!!

No comments:

Post a Comment