October 5, 2019

5*Review: LIGHT MY FIRE by Jessica Ruben

Title: LIGHT MY FIRE

Author: Jessica Ruben

Source: KU


Goodreads...

He saved me from war.

Fed me when I was in too much pain to eat.

Smuggled me and my family into America when it became too dangerous to stay.

But, Nico didn’t flee with us.

While I began elementary school in the United States, he was building the greatest and toughest Mafia of the century.

The Mafia Shqiptare.

Nico is now King of all underground trades.

Sexy. Aggressive. Brilliant.

After years of nothing but silence, he’s back in my life,

Ready to do whatever it takes to bring me into his universe.

He isn’t leaving until he takes me with him.



My take...

He turns to move but then pauses, looking back at me. “And don’t even try to run. This entire place is fortified. And even with all the security I’ve got, if you were to get away, I’d scour the ends of the earth to find you,” he threatens.
***

I could never tire of Ruben’s Mafia men and the stories they tell. Very reminiscent of her Vincent snd Eve series, this series is similar but also so amazingly different. It holds it’s own.

I loved the sarcastic nature that was all Elira. She is definitely an easy to love character. Nico, though fierce and scary, you couldn’t help but fall quickly for him. He has this charisma that makes you melt for him. They were both fantastic characters in their own, but deliciously explosive when brought together.

I love a great mafia story, and this one was magnificent...filled with intrigue, suspense and of course, romance. A perfectly executed, slow burn romance. Ruben you are a genius and an impressive writer. My only complaint is the story ended. I am hoping we won’t have to wait long for the next one. The build up was worth the wait for LIGHT MY FIRE and it will be for the ones that follow. Of that, I have no doubt. I have yet to be let down by one of Ruben’s books.

5 Stars!


No comments:

Post a Comment