October 2, 2019

5*Review: ZOMB_POCALYPSE by Megan Berry

Title: ZOMB_POCALYPSE

Author: Megan Berry

Source: KU


Goodreads...

Being head cheerleader doesn't exactly prepare you for life during the apocalypse, and it's a dangerous learning curve... 

Sixteen-year-old Jane wakes up to a desperate text from her best friend—the dead are walking around outside her window. Jane's parents are in New York for the weekend, and Jane is completely alone. 

After a gruesome personal tragedy, Abby rescues Jane, and the girls flee the town they grew up in, hoping to find a place unaffected by the dead. Abby’s family lake house seems like the only choice, but their beacon of hope is three States away, separated by a sea of reanimated death. Reaching it will be anything but easy. 




My take...

If you don't know me by now, I am always on the hunt for zombie reads. And I recently stumbled upon this one. I had seen it before in my searching but for some reason I bypassed it. Now I wish I hadn't. 

The story itself is YA as the MC is a 16yr old girl. I cannot really call her a heroine just yet, as she is thrown into the zombie apocalypse green to knowledge of all things undead. But her future looks promising in some ways. She is learning and learning fast. 

And even though there is a guy and emotions are high, she understands this is the end of the life as she knew it. She knows love is a feeling that may not have real estate in the apocalypse. And for someone that is 16, that says a lot about her. 

So far, book one has been a fantastic start to a new to me series. I look forward to seeing what all goes down and if Jane finds her loved ones. 5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment