July 3, 2020

5*Review: WE ARE US by Tara Leigh

Title: WE ARE US 

Author: Tara Leigh

Source: KU



Goodreads...

I fell in love with a beautiful, broken boy.
His whispered words of love were the sweetest of lies.
He gave me his heart and destroyed mine.
I am his.

I fell in love with the beautiful man who broke me.
His boldly spoken vow was the cruelest of cages.
He gave me his name and destroyed my soul.
He is mine.

The boy I once loved is now a man.
The man I once loved is now gone.
We are us.

I have been called many things.
Victim. Survivor. Daughter. Sister. Wife.
Now I am called something else.
Murderer.

Believe it or not, this is our love story. 



My take...

WE ARE US was such a good story and was engaging from start to finish. It was absolutely one of those reads you never want to put down. I loved hearing of the past through the characters and how it lead straight up to their present. Not going to lie...you will experience every emotion possible. Gut wrenching emotions. I kind of figured out one of the twists but was still pleasantly surprised with how it played out.

I am not overly crazy for second chance romances because communication is key and it always seems to be the problem. But I loved how the author took the mix up and ran with it. WE ARE US was fantastic and well written. Leigh is a new to me author, and this book will definitely not be the last of hers I read. 5 Stars! 



No comments:

Post a Comment