July 15, 2020

5*Series Review: The Cityscape Affair Series by Jessica Hawkins

Title: The Cityscape Affair Series (1-3)

Author: Jessica Hawkins

Source: bought on Kindle, available through KU 


Goodreads...

2020 Edition with revised content & new bonus epilogue!

Olivia Germaine has already found love. Devoted wife, loyal friend, determined career woman—she’s created the life she always envisioned…until she locks eyes with a handsome stranger across a crowded room.

David Dylan, alleged playboy and Chicago’s most eligible bachelor, awakens a passion in Olivia she buried long ago. He’ll do anything to prove to her that despite his playboy ways, he’s worth leaving behind the stable future her husband can offer her.

But in order to accept a love she never thought possible, with a man who could be her soulmate, Olivia will have to let go of deeply rooted fears that could ruin everything.

Everything is what David wants to give her, and it’s what he demands in return. But even as an alpha male who always gets what he wants...this time, David may be fighting for something unattainable.

The Cityscape Affair trilogy box set includes three full-length novels: Come Undone, Come Alive, and Come Together



My take...

My review is based off all 3 books in the series!

This series was one of those books that I shouldn’t love; couldn’t possibly love. But I did so much. I don’t condone cheating by any means, but the way these two met and fell in love was nothing short of predestined-cosmic- otherworldly kind of love. I inhaled it all while it devoured me. And every free moment I had, I found myself sneaking in a couple pages, only to find I had gotten lost for over an hour.

There were several moments I got so frustrated with Olivia. Not when she found herself with David. (Which I should probably feel some kind of remorse for not caring that she was cheating. Shrugs.) But I easily got frustrated because I couldn’t relate with her reasoning for why she couldn’t be with David. There were so many times I wanted to shake some sense into her and have her go after what makes HER happy. Not what made OTHERS happy. But I understand her past played a huge role in her closing off and the decisions she made.

Hawkins did such an amazing job writing this series and having the reader actually feel a part of the story. One thing I found with this one is I felt every twang, every break, every pull that Olivia felt. It was such a beautiful experience to read this series.

For every reason I shouldn’t loved this book, there was 10 more telling me why I did. 5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment