April 5, 2013

Review: LOVE RESOLUTION by Michelle Mankin

Title: LOVE RESOLUTION

Author: Michelle Mankin

Source: eARC from author for review

Expected Release Date: April 16th



goodreads...
To forgive or not to forgive…
There’s a storm brewing at Black Cat Records and lead singer Marcus Anthony and guitarist Avery Jones are at the center of it.
Brutal Strength is leaving Vancouver and heading out on a big stadium tour with the reprobate rockers from Tempest as their opening act.
Avery is forced to deal with a troubling figure from her past while being pursued by Tempest’s tatted bad boy, Bryan ‘Bullet’ Jackson.
Meanwhile, Marcus must battle his own internal demons as well as this rival for Avery’s affection.
Can Avery and Marcus keep their fairy tale happily ever after together when the prevailing winds of the real world are against them?
Love Resolution is the third book in the Black Cat Records series.
**A new adult contemporary novel with mature subject matter**

My take...
From the moment I first read LOVE EVOLUTION I have been in love with Michelle Mankin and her writing. Two more books later and I still love and crave her stories. They are so fabulous and so real and so freakin awesome. You actually feel like you are right there in her books…hanging out with Brutal Strength. Man, wouldn’t that be something?
Marcus, Marcus, Marcus! Sweetie, what are you thinking? Well apparently, after all the crap you put Avery through, you weren’t thinking. Like not at all. You have a good woman who loves you unconditionally and yet you find a way to screw it up. And now you may never get her back.
Avery, honey, we need to chat. Some of your actions in this one were absolutely asinine. Getting into a car with a drunk driver? Hanging out with band members with a very bad reputation? Doubting the love of a good man? Yeah, you are playing with the big boys now and it’s time you start acting like it.
But even with all these two put us through…I EFF’N LOVED THIS BOOK. Even after all the craptastic feelings that Marcus and Avery made us feel…I still love them and think it has been my favorite of series. And no, not just because I had a drunken groupie named after me, either. Sheesh people. This book stands alone even without my 10.7 seconds of fame in it. * snickers* But seriously, I inhaled every scene and hated, absolutely hated, putting the book down.
And let me tell you folks, I hurt something fierce with this one. Mankin took us through hell and back with these two and I soon began thinking that maybe a happily ever after wasn’t part of the plan. Is there hope for Marcus and Avery? I guess you’ll just have to read and find out.
Mankin provides everything you would want in a book: romance, drama, tears, heartbreak, love…everything. You want that kick-arse storyline? You got it! You want hot, sexy characters? Oh yeah, they are in here. You want to know what it is like to have your heart ripped out and stomped on? Mankin nails it! But I promise she will make it all better. Or does she?? I just hope she has something else in the works for all my favorite characters. I need more of them.
Readers who love romance and rock stars will adore this series. I highly recommend it to anybody and everybody. 

No comments:

Post a Comment