October 16, 2013

Guest Review: SEEKING HAVOK by Lila Felix




Title: SEEKING HAVOK

Author: Lila Felix

Source: Guest Reviewer bought ebook 


goodreads...

Her life is just as messed up as her name.

All she wanted was a friend---one that knew her and not her circumstances. She needed somewhere to call home. Hers was an open door for countless men looking for the services her mother offered them. She camouflaged herself against lockers and blackboards to avoid the stares and whispers at school. 

And then she found Cal...and Fade.

Cal lives like Frankenstein, rising at night to work and just trying to make it until dawn. He avoids most relationships, afraid of the things he will be asked to do. He moonlights as Fade, a radio station DJ who spends hours counseling his peers on their troubles. It was all mundane until Jocelyn called the station.

Cal and Havok pursue a friendship. 

Jocelyn and Fade pursue a relationship beyond the confines of the radio waves. 

But when Havok disappears, Cal will find that Havok has been guarding a lifetime worth of secrets. And when Fade and Jocelyn’s all night phone conversations cease, he finds a link between them he never saw coming.


Barbara D's take....

This is the first book I have read by Lila Felix and I must say that it most definitely will not be my last. Ms. Lila had me hook, line and sinker from the very first page. In fact, I read the entire book in one day. 

What kept me so captivated by this book... well first off it is a brilliantly unique love story... a story of determination and survival. Much different than a lot of others out there. The book draws you in so flawlessly to where you find yourself painfully rooting for the happiness and success of the two main characters.

You cannot help but to fall in love with Havok and Cal/Fade. They are both strong, independent and determined yet very sensitive, loving and caring. Havok, coming from the most deplorable home life imaginable, is a fighter. She knows what she wants in life and is able to overcome all adversity.

Cal/Fade is the perfect guy...however seems to be struggling a bit just to get through the mundaneness of life... that is until he meets Havok...instant connection. Their chemistry was undeniable. I love how kind and caring Cal/Fade is. He will go to great lengths to help and protect Havok...even if it means he gets hurt in the end. Their relationship is emotional and real.

I truly loved this book and would love to see a sequel to this story. Either way though...I am now a loyal fan of Lila Felix. 

If you enjoy a story that is heartfelt and full of hope...look no further. I highly recommend that you put “Seeking Havok” on your “to read” list...if you have not already.





Hey... My name is Barbara and I hail from Atlanta, GA. I am a married mother of one beautiful daughter and I am a book junkie.  When I don't have my nose firmly planted in a book... I enjoy shopping, cooking, watching movies and spending time with my family.
I have always been an avid reader... but I must say my craving for a good book has definitely increased over the past five years.  I, love being able to share my passion for reading and hopefully bring some attention and recognition to the many talented authors out there. The genres I enjoy the most are New Adult and Contemporary Romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment