September 17, 2018

4.5*Review: THE OCEAN BETWEEN US by Michelle Heard #NowLive

Title: THE OCEAN BETWEEN US

Author: Michelle Heard

Source: eARC from author for honest review


Goodreads…

Dying to experience life, I cross an ocean to get away from my fears. I find my safe haven in the form of Detective Aiden Holden. He shows me what love is, but then our lives collide. Our little world shatters, and I'm caught in the crossfire.

I'm forced to return home, to let go of the only person who has made me feel like I could be more.

How do you return to a cage once you’ve tasted freedom?

My only hope is that Aiden will cross an ocean for me.

My take…

THE OCEAN BETWEEN US was a fantastic book although it had a rather difficult scene to read. I honestly could have done without the details, but it is what it is. I still loved the story and the characters. It just took some time to work through the emotions of that one scene before I could move on. There is a warning at the beginning that states the book contains graphic violence, so please proceed with caution. But I would love for you to proceed!! Otherwise you will be missing out on a great story.

I had an immediate love for Aiden and Emma, and after all they went through, my love for them was stronger in the end. They had such a wonderful relationship from the moment they met and it continued on throughout the story. They flowed flawlessly together and was a match to be reckoned with.

This was my first time reading a book by Heard and it definitely  won't be the last. You can tell she is a romantic at heart as it plays out on the pages. She’s good at it. Darn good. And after I am done here, I am off to search out her other books.

Romance, pain, and lots of emotion, this story tore at me in such an earth shattering way. I will forever love these characters and look forward to what the next books and the next characters do to my heart. If it is anything like what Aiden and Emma did, I will be one happy reader. 4.5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment