April 26, 2019

5*Review: MY LIFE IN SHAMBLES by Karina Halle

Title: MY LIFE IN SHAMBLES

Author: Karina Halle

Source: KU


Goodreads…

When Valerie Stephens made the resolution to say yes to new adventures, she never thought she’d end up in the tiny town of Shambles, fake engaged to one of Ireland’s top rugby players. But there’s a first time for everything.

They say bad things happen in threes.

After my boyfriend broke off our engagement, I lost my apartment, and was laid off from my job, I can definitely attest to that.

They also say life is what happens when you say yes to new adventures.

So when my two sisters invited me to ring in the new year in Ireland, I decided to throw all caution to the wind and go for it. I was going to let “saying yes” be my new resolution.

Little did I know I’d spend New Year’s Eve having a hot and dirty one-night stand with Padraig McCarthy, one hell of a sexy Irishman. I also didn’t know that the brooding and intense sex god was one of Ireland’s top rugby players.

A rugby player with a proposition for me:

Come with him to his tiny hometown of Shambles and pretend to be his fiancé for a few days, just so that his ailing father can have some peace of mind.

It sounded simple enough.

It was anything but.

Not when a town gets up in your business, not when the media hunts you down, not when your past comes back in the picture, not when there are real hearts and feelings at stake.

Not when there are secrets that could break you.

They say life is what happens when you say yes to new adventures.

This is my life in Shambles.

My take…

It takes a moment to change someone. Sometimes it just takes a kiss.
***

I took a chance on this author not too long ago when I saw a sponsored ad come across my feed. I really enjoyed it. So I was happy to see another one of her books grace my feeds once again. The cover alone mesmerized me. It is absolutely gorgeous. So of course I looked it up. After reading the blurb I knew I needed to read this book.

I inhaled it. There is no other way to put it. I started late at night then quickly finished it in the morning. Just a fantastic read that kept me reading past my bedtime and ignoring any and all chores I needed to get done. I had to know what would become of this amazing fake couple and would everyone get their happily ever after?

I cannot wait to read more from this author. I really enjoy her style and her imagination. Her words capture you up into the story and even better was that the female lead had imperfections making her very relatable.It was just a fantastic, quick and highly romantic read.  5 Beautiful Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment