April 25, 2019

5*Review: THE QUEEN OF ALL THAT LIVES by Laura Thalassa

Title: THE QUEEN OF ALL THAT LIVES

Author: Laura Thalassa

Source: KU

AMAZON  GOODREADS
Goodreads….

She’s a martyr.
A myth.
A ghost.
A legend.
She’s my soulmate and my captive, my conscience and my wrath. I love her too much to let her die; I fear her too much to wake her from her slumber.
She’s mine.
And now she’s gone.

He’s unnatural.
Undying.
Unethical.
Unstoppable.
He’s the keeper of lies and lost souls. Mine slipped through his clutches.
I am his wife, his queen, the love of his very long life.
And soon, I will be his executioner.

Quick take…

“It doesn’t matter what you say, or what you do now, Montes. You’re still always going to be the man that ruined the world in the first place.” He draws away, his eyes lingering on my mouth. “I am. And if it meant getting more time with you, I would’ve ruined it sooner.”
***

I steadily drank this story in. It was ambush after ambush, fight after fight. And that wasn’t just with their enemies. It was a constant battle of good vs evil when it comes to Serenity and Montes.

My heart will forever love Montes. He was painfully in love with Serenity and she let too much cloud her mind and her heart where he was concerned. There was so much I didn’t understand when it came to her not forgiving him. Maybe I didn’t read the story right or maybe I don’t hold grudges like she did. And usually I am the world’s best grudge holder.

This series invaded my life these last few days and I am happy as can be with the ending. My only regret is reading it too fast. 5 stars!!

No comments:

Post a Comment