July 18, 2019

5*Review: DROWNING ERIN by Elizabeth O'Roark

Title: DROWNING ERIN 

Author: Elizabeth O'Roark

Source: KU


Goodreads...

Erin Doyle can’t stand manwhores, and she particularly can’t stand Brendan Langstrom—the guy who avoids relationships like the plague and never sleeps with the same girl twice. She and Brendan have waged a war of mutual disdain for years, but when Brendan picks up the pieces after her world unravels, they’ll be forced to admit that beneath their dislike is something else entirely—something they’re not supposed to feel.


Because Brendan isn’t just her nemesis…He’s also her fiance’s best friend.



My take...

I do believe I have found another new favorite author. I fell in love with her book PARALLEL and immediately went searching out my next read. I found it in DROWNING ERIN. 


Erin and Brendon are total and complete opposites. She is perky and perfect. He is brooding and heartless. Not to mention they hate each other. Now that Brendon is back they will have to learn to get along since he is now moving into her pool house. But when Erin’s life starts to rip apart at the carefully woven seams, will it be Brendon or her fiancé that helps her mend it all back together? 



There was so much I loved about this book. The characters, the story, the writing, the angst. It had my feelings all over the place. Seriously, I loved Brendon and Erin. I hated they never got the timing right. But then there would have been no story, am I right? So the author did the best job possible and kept a tight leash on them and tortured us readers throughout in the best way possible. 



I could not ask for more in a book...it was a perfect read. It was packed full of romance and it told an amazing tale. A story that had me aching for missed opportunities and nearly throwing my phone about when things were not going right. But it ended with a happily ever after. At least for most of the characters. And now I am off to find another Elizabeth O’Roark book!! 5 Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment