July 13, 2019

5*Review: WAR by Laura Thalassa

Title: WAR

Author: Laura Thalassa

Source: KU


Goodreads...

They came to earth—Pestilence, War, Famine, Death—four horsemen riding their screaming steeds, racing to the corners of the world. Four horsemen with the power to destroy all of humanity. They came to earth, and they came to end us all. 

The day Jerusalem falls, Miriam Elmahdy knows her life is over. Houses are burning, the streets run red with blood, and a traitorous army is massacring every last resident. There is no surviving this, especially not once Miriam catches the eye of War himself. But when the massive and terrifying horseman corners Miriam, he calls her his wife, and instead of killing her, he takes her back to his camp. 

Now Miriam faces a terrifying future, one where she watches her world burn town by town, and the one man responsible for it all is her seemingly indestructible “husband”. But there’s another side to him, one that’s gentle and loving and dead set on winning her over, and she might not be strong enough to resist. 

However, if there’s one thing Miriam has learned, it’s that love and war cannot coexist. And so she must make the ultimate choice: surrender to War and watch humankind fall, or sacrifice everything and stop him.



My take...

War meets my gaze, and there’s no remorse in his pitiless expression. He’ll have it all—me and the end of the world. It’s his birthright to take it all. 
***

Both brothers, War and Pestilence, have been released into the world to fulfill their mission of their namesake. Both brothers encountered a woman that challenged them to their inner most being. But will War be so easily swayed. Having a stronger will and a much hardened heart, War may not succumb so easily. He has a job to do and no one will stand in his way. Even his wife. 

From the moment I finished PESTILENCE, I craved WAR. I had to have it. I knew it would be utterly amazing and by golly I was right. I inhaled it every waking moment I could. I rejoiced knowing it was a longer book and I wouldn’t have to leave it’s world any time soon. I never wanted to leave it. Like PESTILENCE, even after finishing, I found myself sneaking back to re-read select scenes. Scenes that made my heart race or had me falling in love with War all over again. I fear I may have to give myself a reading reprieve for the rest of the day before moving on to my next book. 

***
“I’m still human,” I murmur. I’m always going to be part of the problem in the horseman’s eyes. “Yes,” War says. “You are painfully human. Your bones want to break, your skin wants to bleed, your heart wants to stop. And for the first time ever, I am desperate for none of those things to happen. I have never known true fear until now.” 
***

I mean, freakin’ swoon. Am I right? Dude lays it on thick throughout. And I am ok with it all. Loved the story. Loved the romance. Loved every amazing ounce this book bled out. My need for FAMINE is an all time high. The wait is sure to kill me. 

5 Merciless Stars!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment