January 24, 2020

5 Star Review: IN THE UNLIKELY EVENT by LJ Shen

Title: IN THE UNLIKELY EVENT

Author: LJ Shen

Source: KU



Goodreads...

Sometimes you meet people who are out of this world, so you make them a part of yours.

A one-night stand born from vengeance in a foreign land.
An explosive chemistry neither of us could deny.
We signed a contract on the back of a Boar’s Head Pub napkin that said if we ever met again, we would drop everything and be together.
Eight years and thousands of miles later, he’s here.
In New York.
And he’s America’s music obsession.
The intangible Irish poet who brings record executives to their knees.
The blizzard in my perfect, unshaken snow globe.
Last time we spoke, he was a beggar with no intention of becoming a king.
But a king he became, and now I’m his servant.
I’m not the same broken princess Malachy Doherty put back together with his callused hands.
I have a career I love.
A boyfriend I adore.
An apartment, a roommate, a life.
I changed. He changed, too.
But Mal kept the napkin.
Question is, will I keep my word?



My take...

When I started this book, and began to see all the POVs from everyone from Rory’s boss to a napkin to a cow, I wasn’t sure where Shen would be taking this crazy story. But I freakin lost it when the chocolate bar made an appearance with it’s own, very short POV. Freakin’ genius. I am still laughing.

This story was everything and then some. I am usually not a huge fan of second chance romance. There always seems to be not enough conversation and too many assumptions. But I inhaled this story and all it’s angst. It was utterly fantastic.

Shen does it again. So much goodness and romance in this perfectly written, amazing book. 5 Stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment