January 31, 2020

5*Review: FIGHTING FOR RAIN by BB Easton

Title: FIGHTING FOR RAIN

Author: BB Easton

Source: eARC for honest review



Goodreads...

The world was supposed to end on April 23, but Rainbow Williams’s world ended days before that.

The mass hysteria caused by the impending apocalypse claimed everything she’d ever loved. Her family. Her city. Her will to live.

Until she met him.

Wes Parker didn’t have anything left for the apocalypse to take…he’d already lost it all by the time he was nine-years-old. His family. His home. His hope of ever being loved.

Until he met her.

Brought together by fate and bound by a love that would last lifetimes, Rain and Wes were prepared to die together on April 23.

They were not prepared for what would happen on April 24.



My take...

*If you haven’t read book 1, this review may contain spoilers*

When the end of days never happens, Rain and Wes set off for their beginning. Only to hit a snag after snag, right outside of town. One being a blast from Rain’s past.

Just when you think you have this book and these characters figured out, a twist happens and turns your mind inside out. My emotions were up and down with Wes as well. I hated he let his broken past get in the way of his future with Rain. Turmoil clouded his thoughts and wouldn’t let him see what was really there.

I need to take a second to mention the ending. No spoilers but it was definitely the ending of all endings. It has been a minute since an ending has shook me like this. Why am I smiling and crying all at once? My emotions got the best of me with it. Now I am utterly desperate for the last book.

This book is absolutely brilliant and so very unique. The author? She is a freakin genius. I mean seriously. Freakin. Genius. Now give me DYING FOR RAIN!!! 5 Stars!!

No comments:

Post a Comment