June 8, 2013

Review: AnguiSH by Lila Felix


Title: UNTIL SHE WALKED IN (Formally known as AnguiSH)

Author: Lila Felix

Source: eARC from author

Estimated Release Date: June15th


goodreads...
Anguish was the status quo, until she walked in.
Breaker James Collins is confined in a prison of his own making. Scarred doesn’t begin to define his hell since finding out his girlfriend had cheated, stolen, and lied two years ago. It led to a single event—one that would blacken his days and his nights from then on. Since then, he hasn’t left his house, crippled by fear of people and any social interaction.
Ashland talks too much and has the voice of a meth-laden prairie dog, or so she’s always been told. She’s been called annoying and irritating all of her life and gave up on having friends for a long time. College has given her a new lease on a social life and she’s embraced who she is. But now she’s waiting for the one guy who can take her breath away and put up with her antics.
A simple note pinned to a corkboard will lead Ash right to Breaker’s solitary world and she will learn that just because a guy doesn’t fit her ideal, doesn’t mean she won’t fall head over feet in love.

My take...
Breaker James (adorable name right?) has been living in a constant state of anguish for 2 years...ever since he found out his girlfriend had been cheating on him and cleaning him out of his money. After that horrible revealing news, Breaker had a break down and can't leave his house. He found solitude there and has no reason to leave. In the comforts of his home he can't be used, he can't be made a fool, and he can't have his heart broken. Or can he?
Enter Ashland. She is like a wild fire that has come crashing down on him and he honestly wouldn't want it any other way. She thinks that she talks to much and her voice is offensive to others. But Breaker thinks it is heaven to his ears. He slowly finds that he wants to leave his confines and be with her and do normal things. But is he really healing? Or is Ashland just masking the ugly truth...that he really isn't better? Some tough love will be his only way to find out if he is getting better or just covering a festering wound.
My oh my!! Felix has done it again and given us lucky readers yet another fabulous book. I had happy tears when the story was over and I had to revel in the goodness of it all for a few minutes. I flew through this one like I have all her books. And when I finished it was easy to see why she is my favorite author. She writes a book that has me hooked from the beginning and I never want to leave the fictional worlds she creates. I would be one happy lady to live in them forever. The real world is so overrated, right?
I am so in love with Breaker James it is not even funny. Want to know what is funny? Every time I read his name I would read it as Beaker from The Muppets. Stupid right?
*meep*
 But seriously. I am so gaga over this dude I could scream. Yeah he was a total jerk wad in the beginning but it was just his defense mechanism. Because deep down he is a great guy with such a loving heart. But lord help me, this guy is dangerous and in such a wonderful way. He will have the ladies swooning when all is said and done. Just trust me on this one.
Ashland is a trip. The girl is a riot and full of the sarcasm. Never one to be outdone by someone, she always makes sure she always has the last word. And dear readers, know that when you read Felix's witty banter coming across with her characters, that that is her to a T. She is just as funny as the people in her books. And she always, always has me rolling. 
The story is a great one, although not a fluff one. Not that Felix's books are ever fluff. Because they are not. But the plot to this story is based on a guy with some mental issues.  No, it is not just another love story. Breaker James has some serious issues that he needs to work through and it won't be an easy feat. That is where the tough love will come in to play. It will be a slap in his face but one that he will have to endure if he wants to get better.
I will say that Felix amped up the frisky business in this one. I thought that the make out scenes got a little more heated than what we are used to from her. But in true Felix style she kept it clean and made us want for more. That right there is how romance is done. Imagination people...sometimes it’s all about imagination.
I recommend this to you readers out there that love a great romantic story about a guy and girl who are both in search of something and someone to love. Yes there will be obstacles for both but the fight to be together makes it all worth it in the end. I am absolutely adding this to my Must Read Again book shelf. And I am absolutely adding Breaker James to my Book Boyfriend list too. Oh yes, he is giving Falcon Black (LOVE AND SKATE Series) a little friendly competition.



2 comments:

  1. Giving Falcon a run for his money??? Mandy you're killing me!!! Can't wait for my arc tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't state a favorite yet, haven't yet read one but looking forward to this one!

    ReplyDelete