May 27, 2018

5*Review: TRANSCEND (book 1) by Jewel E. Ann

Title: TRANSCEND 

Author: Jewel E. Ann

Source: KU


Goodreads…

“In another life, she was my forever.”

An unexpected tragedy leaves Professor Nathaniel Hunt a widower alone with a newborn baby.

He hires a nanny. She’s young, but well-qualified, with a simple life, a crazy name obsession, and a boyfriend she met at the grocery store.

Over time, he discovers she knows things about him—things that happened before she was born—like a hidden scar on his head, his favorite pizza, and how he cheated on a high school Spanish test.

She speaks familiar words and shares haunting memories that take him back to over two decades earlier when he lost his best friend in a tragic accident.

“I’m afraid of what’s going to happen when you realize I’m not her.”

Transcend is a sexy, mind-bending journey that uncovers possibilities, challenges beliefs, and begets the age-old question: is there life after death?


My take…

"We don't love with our brains, we love with our hearts. We love on instinct. Love is undefinable and resides in all of us. There are no requirements to love someone. Daisy was my first love. Jenna was my last love. Morgan is my forever love.
***

I don’t know how I came across Jewel Ann, but I saw this book and it intrigued me. I had recently read and loved a time travel book and was in need of something similar. Although this book wasn’t a time travel read, it definitely hit the spot. I read it quickly, and I really loved it. Who is Swayze? How does she know things no one else knows about Nate? Does reincarnation really exist?

I had a hard time choosing who Swayze should be with; the sweet, affectionate boyfriend or the mystery man whom she nanny’s for? They were both amazing but in very different ways. When she was with Griffin I wanted them to make it and ride off into the sunset. When her and Nate had their moments together, I just knew they were meant to be. It was a difficult choice, that is for sure.

TRANSCEND is a wonderful story that slowly unraveled, piece by piece. It told an intriguing tale that had my heart hammering in my chest with one moment, only to swoon in the next. I quickly started the next book, EPOCH, to find out what would happen between Swayze, Griffin and Nate. 5 Stars!!



No comments:

Post a Comment