June 6, 2020

5*Review: TORN by Carian Cole

Title: TORN

Author: Carian Cole

Source: KU

AMAZON  GOODREADS
Goodreads...

When I was five years old I told Toren Grace I was going to marry him when I grew up.

When I turned eighteen I made it clear I still felt the same. The problem? He's fifteen years older than me and he's my father's best friend.

Toren Grace. My father's best friend. My pseudo-uncle.
He's always been my rock. The one I should never, ever want.
But I do want him, and I love him.
I always have.

He loves me too.

Tor's one of the good guys. Loving. Devoted. A strong moral compass. One kiss between us rocked him clear off his axis. Now we can't forget how that kiss felt, and what it changed. Nothing will ever be the same between us.

I know he's struggling with his feelings, but I'm determined. I'm not a little girl anymore, and we can't deny we were meant to be together. The heart wants what the heart wants, and it doesn't care about age or how we met. My father cares, though. And he's the one person neither one of us can stand to hurt.

We're all being torn apart, and I don't know how to make everyone see that the wrongs are actually right.



My take...

I have been on a age gap romance bender here recently when I came across TORN. Cole is a new to me author but her books are KU so I said what the heck and dove right in. And let me tell you, it was so very amazing.

I am not one for a lot of flash backs in stories, but Cole pieced the past and the future perfectly, I actually found myself looking forward to them. The story itself was unique and I easily fell for all the characters. So much so, that after I read TIED, I plan to read more from this author so I can see what lives everyone else in this world lives.

The romance tip toes on the edge of taboo and forbidden love, but it was done, in my opinion, flawlessly. 5 Stars!





No comments:

Post a Comment